We are over halfway through the year, and time has flown by! New Year’s resolutions have usually come and gone by this point, but halfway through the year is a great point to set some new intentions for this second half!
Setting positive intentions is a powerful way to create the life you want. When you set positive intentions, you create a roadmap for your life to get you where you want to go. You are deciding what you want and how you will achieve it. Here are some tips to help you set positive intentions for this second half of the year!
1. Be specific: When setting intentions, you must be clear about what you want to achieve. Start by evaluating each area of your life: work, relationship, parenting, friendships, etc… and see if you can pull one goal from each. With these goals, frame them in an actionable and measurable way. Having lunch with a friend once a month is a great example to meet the overall goal of deepening friendships in your life. Being specific will help you focus your energy on achieving your goals.
2. Write it down: Writing down your intentions is a powerful way to make them real and to keep them at the top of your mind! When you write down your intentions, you are making a commitment to yourself. You can write them in a journal or on a piece of paper and keep them somewhere you can see them daily. Also, think about how to do this virtually through reminders on your phone!
3. Visualize: Visualization is a powerful tool to help you achieve your goals. Take a few minutes each day to visualize yourself achieving your intentions. Imagine what it will feel like when you achieve your goals. Manifesting this future and brainstorming all the ways to achieve that future can make it feel more natural and tangible, allowing you to believe in it more and act in the manner you need to to make that future happen.
4. Take action: Setting intentions and visualizations are important, but more is needed. You also need to take action to achieve your goals. Break your intentions into small, manageable steps and take action daily. This circles back to that first step with those measurable actions you wrote down. Hold yourself accountable for these actions regularly and track your progress.
5. Stay positive: Setting intentions is a positive step towards creating the life you want. Stay positive and believe in yourself. If you encounter obstacles, stay focused on your intentions and keep moving forward. Remember, setting positive intentions is a powerful way to create the life you want. Be specific, write it down, visualize, take action, and stay positive!
If you want assistance in working through these, reach out today to get started with a Licensed Counselor!